'99-Current Silverado Discussion

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

'99-Current Silverado Discussion

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Administrator | Posts: 51 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 07/14/06
08:44 AM

Discussion about '99-present Silverados.  

dbl_H dbl_H
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/06/06
07:17 AM

I have a '00 and having trouble with the suspension. This truck is a good truck to me and I don't plan on getting rid of it ever. But I have been chasing a vibration. The alighnment is on point, the tires/wheels are in balance. You can feel the vibration more in the seat than the wheel. It gets real bad when you hit a bump and the roads around here have plenty of those. Does anyone else have this problem or have fixed this problem?  

sic_chevy sic_chevy
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/09/06
08:12 PM

maybe u should check ur u joints they go bad some times. or u have a bubble in one of ur tires that would cause it to good luck.  

dbl_H dbl_H
Posted: 08/14/06
09:21 AM

well its not the u joints nor the driveshaft. Its dent free and balanced and tight as a drum. i am thinking its warped rotors. these trucks come with what they call "floating rotors",right? which would make them more unbalanced when hitting bumps. anyone have any input on this, post it!  

dirtydave-#002 dirtydave-#002
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/16/06
03:32 PM

i have a 04' i had a friend of mine put a new exhuast on it, he took off the cat and it sounds great and all but a few days ago the check engine light came on. i took it to a shop and they said it was because it has no cats. and the o2 sensors have been taking out. and i don't think that putting them back in will make it go away because there is one before and after the cat. i love the sound of it and i was wondering if anyone out there knows of a way to get the light to go off or if i keep driving it the way it is with the light on will there be any long term damage to the truck. thanks for the help.  

flamedsierra flamedsierra
New User | Posts: 37 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/21/06
11:00 AM

there is some simulators you can buy that will send a false reading to your computer saying that the cats are still on and everything is right.  I think you can get them from Summit.  
www.myspace.com/flamedsierra

Negative Camber, KY Chapter

Posted: 08/23/06
07:19 AM

thanks but i looked on summit and all they have are for 96 and up mustangs. i have looked and looked for days now online for one and have had no luck finding one the fits my truck. thakn you for you help and let please let me know if you happen to come across one.  

dbl_H dbl_H
Posted: 08/26/06
03:29 PM

the reason you are not finding them for your '04 is because they haven't made the O2 simulaters for it. they stopped at '03, but rumor is that they are working on them for '04 and up. they should be coming out soon. good luck on the antisipation of them coming out and don't ruin that fine machine of a chevy!  

SMOOOV1 SMOOOV1
Posted: 08/28/06
02:53 AM

I WANT TO PUT REAR BUCKETS IN A 2000 SILVERADO. THIS IS A SHOW TRUCK SO IT MUST LOOK RIGHT. ANY IDEAS?????  

Posted: 08/28/06
02:44 PM

hey dbl_H so are you saying that if i don't have the o2's in that it could ruin my truck. i dont want to do that. it just that i really like the sound of it right now and i am not sure that if i put the cats back on if it will make sound alot different. but if you are saying that it will hurt something in the long run then i will quickly put them back on weather it sounds different or not. and for smooov1 trying looking around on the web to see what others have done i'd look at cardomain.com and others.  

dirtyratt dirtyratt
Posted: 08/31/06
06:55 AM

I had the same thing happen to me and I replaced the truck o2s with corvette o2s and never looked back. Its been a year now  

dbl_H dbl_H
Posted: 09/01/06
05:33 AM

dirtydave,
 yes it well cause problems in the long run, because your ECU is detecting an error in the engine managment. you need to either put your cats back on, get the magnaflow high performance cats, or get the O2 simulators. go to afterthoughtauto.com/o2sim.html , its a good starting point. but '04 and newer arent out yet, i think. good luck and keep posting.  

Posted: 09/02/06
11:04 PM

well i tried to go to that website that you gave and for some reason my internet won't let get to the page.thank you for the help. i'll keep trying to look.  

5569 5569
Administrator | Posts: 2616 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 09/05/06
01:58 AM

Can no cat cause the 02 sensors to go out?
Here's my experience, just my thoughts:

no cat = check engine light
no sensors = check engine light

I ran my truck with no cat for a while after the stock one broke, and put on an aftermarket one to pass smog...

emissions is no fun, keep it stock haha :-)  

dbl_H dbl_H
Posted: 09/05/06
09:42 AM

dirty dave,
         sorry, i left out one letter. go figure.
here it is again : afterthoughtsauto.com/o2sim.html  

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last