Facebook Click here to find out more!

Need help lowering '96 C2500 Suburban

Item Posts    Sort Order

Need help lowering '96 C2500 Suburban

BENZOMATIC BENZOMATIC
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/25/13
01:37 PM

Heya guys, I need some help. I am trying to locate drop spindles and a shackle/hanger kit to drop my 2wd 3/4ton Suburban 3in/4in . I have been on the phone with DJM, McGaughy's & Bell Tech but no one seems to know exactly what fits my Burb!!!

It is an odd duck, 1996 GMC Suburban C2500 2wd with 8 LUG WHEELS and a 7.4L/4L80.

Can I use C2500/3500 pickup drop spindles or drop coils? I would rather drop it the right way with spindles. I'm not sure if GM used 8lug rotors on a half ton spindle or if my 'Burb actually has 3/4ton or 1 ton spindles? Is there an easy way to tell?

My rear leaf springs are 2.5" wide not the 3", so maybe a half ton 'Burb shackle/hanger kit for the same year? I'm not sure if the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton frames are different on a Suburban. I'm not opposed to welding or drilling on the frame to make the hanger brackets fit but of course I would prefer bolt on.

Hopefully one of you guys have attempted this before and can point me in the right direction.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
I'll post pics and part #'s if and when I get this all sorted out.

Update:   I used a MOOG and Timken catalog to cross reference my front ball-joints and hub bearings. It appears I have 1 ton spindles up front since my 'Burb is 8600gvw.

So I am going to order a set of DJM 3" spindles for a '96 C3500. I am also going to try a summit racing 4" shackle/hanger kit for 2.5" leafs in the rear. I'll keep you guys updated. Wish me luck LOL.  

Mobilemechanic7055 Mobilemechanic7055
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/26/13
06:27 PM

Hi my name is mike I have a 1992 chevy subarbun 2500 I luv it  full custom I Ben a mobile mechanic for 17 years and paint and body work if I can help u any way let me no I can send u pic of my truck if u like.  
92 chevy